Conor McGregor's next fight most likely to be rematch against Khabib Nurmagomedov

Adjust Comment Print

UFC featherweight Zubaira Tukhugov took to social media Sunday to acknowledge that he was one of the three men who entered the Octagon after the UFC 229 main event and scuffled with Conor McGregor. McGregor attempted to go over the fence as well but was restrained by security. However, White said neither fighter was blameless, and described McGregor as a "superstar".

While it would be a tantalizing - and lucrative - prospect, Khabib v McGregor 2 seems like a distant prospect at the moment. Tony Ferguson looked wonderful.

"This fight took place within the octagon".

Having made McGregor tap out, Nurmagomedov turned his attention outside the octagon, leaping out of the cage toward the McGregor's stablemate Dillon Danis and igniting a melee.

The undefeated Russian has previously spoken of a "legacy" fight against Saint-Pierre - with the pair sharing a high degree of mutual respect.

Nurmagomedov faces potential fines, community service and even suspension for his actions on fight night.

"We knew some things could happen after this fight, so we had everything in place to make sure that didn't happen", White said.

McConnell now open to high court nomination in election year
Republican President Rutherford Hayes' nominee William Woods was confirmed 39-8 by a Democrat-controlled Senate in 1880. Under tremendous political pressure, Trump ordered a last-minute Federal Bureau of Investigation supplemental inquiry.

"Unfortunately, when you allow more and more B.S. during weigh ins and outside of fights, you only slap fighters on the wrist for acting like barbarians and then offer them bigger contracts and reward them for this behaviour. It has to be a win, win, win situation".

Meanwhile, Nurmagomedov's father and coach, Abdulmanap, said his son's action were unacceptable. Such a fight would be likely to generate huge revenues, despite the distaste generated by Saturday's events, and White said he had already heard from McGregor.

It does remain a mystery, however, whether Nurmagomedov will receive the money he was promised from the fight.

The Irishman has said he would gladly give Diaz the trilogy, given he got his own shot at a rematch. He forced McGregor to submit with a neck crank in the fourth round, after controlling the ground game for the majority of the previous three rounds. I warned him. For me, discipline comes first.

The Brazilian reciprocated the complement, telling ESPN: "let's go do this for the fans".

"This is a respectful sport, not a trash-talking sport", said the Russian fighter.

Comments