‘Hot Water Challenge’ reportedly leaves teen with second-degree burns

Adjust Comment Print

A teenager suffered second-degree burns from the Hot Water Challenge, another stupid internet craze that is going around on social media and claiming victims.

The challenge involves drinking or pouring boiling water on someone.

The 15-year-old Indianapolis, Ind., native told Fox 59 News this week that the pair had been looking up the "Hot Water Challenge" on YouTube last week when his friend made a decision to try the internet prank on Clark after he fell asleep. Clark says his friend poured the water on him as a joke while he was sleeping, but things quickly turned serious.

"My skin just fell off my chest, and then I looked in the mirror and I had skin falling off here and, on my face", he told the station. The teen suffered second-degree burns to his chest, back, and face after a prank gone wrong. Doctors with IU Health said they're starting to see more of these so-called internet challenges land people in the emergency room.

The teen was admitted to a local hospital, where he remained under treatment for a week.

"There's a limit to what you should do in a challenge and what you shouldn't", Clark told Fox 59.

Last summer, an 11-year-old girl in NY suffered face and chest burns after friends poured hot water on her. "To see my baby, all burnt up like that.it's heart-breaking", Andrea Clark said.

Imran Khan close to forming Pakistan coalition, Cabinet decided
The PTI leader also said that the PTI is in talks with various political parties for support to form the government in the capitaland in Punjab.

Some online challenges produce positive changes and are worth promoting so that they can go viral and help people.

Doctors said they are hopeful that Clark's injuries won't be permanent. Don't take it overboard, ' Kyland told WLTW.

What is the "hot water challenge?"

"If your friends are telling you to do this, they are not good friends", Bartkus said.

In August 2017, an 8-year-old girl died after she allegedly drank boiling water through a straw on a dare, CBS News reported.

Andrea Clark, Kyland's mother, was pretty torn up by the extent of her son's injuries. They say his pigment should be back to normal in a few months.

Comments