SRO shoots gunman at Ill. high school

Adjust Comment Print

Lee County Sheriff John Simonton tells Sauk Valley Media he is a 19-year-old former student.

Sauk Valley Media says Milby was recently expelled from the school. Official confirmation has not yet been made.

Dixon officials say the school resource officer who returned fire is Mark Dallas.

A potential school shooting in central IL ended when a school resource officer shot and wounded an armed former student who opened fire Wednesday morning.

Dixon High School and all Dixon public schools were initially placed on lockdown. The suspect fired at the officer, who shot back, injuring the gunman. During the pursuit, the suspect fired several shots at the officer but did not strike him.

The former student who was shot is believed to have sustained non-life threatening injuries and is now receiving medical treatment, Howell said.

All Dixon schools are on lockdown while the investigation proceeds; a news conference will be held later today.

No students or staff were injured.

Shenmue III Delayed Until 2019, According to Deep Silver
Shenmue 3 quickly met that crowdfunding goal, and in the years since then, new information about the game has been only sporadic. It was the animations that had many questioning the quality of the game.

Students have been reunited with their families.

Dixon Mayor Liandro Arellano Jr. said it appears a graduation practice was going on at the time of the incident.

Governor Bruce Rauner released a statement saying, "Today, we should all be very thankful to school resource officer Mark Dallas for his bravery and quick action to immediately diffuse a unsafe situation at Dixon High School".

He said that students and staff responded to the situation extremely well.

The School unification point will be at the baseball fields in Page Park. They must have an ID to pick up their child.

A school resource officer took down a suspected gunman Wednesday morning at a high school in Dixon, Ill., which is about 100 miles west of Chicago. When confronted by the officer, the suspect exited the school and began running westbound on Armory Drive. The suspect's injuries are believed to be non-life threatening. No one else was injured.

Howell, Jr., said he believes the shooter acted alone and there were no injuries to any staff or students, and added they also believe there are no further threats to staff, students or the community.