CDC releases statement on employee who disappeared a month ago

Adjust Comment Print

Cunningham told colleagues he was not feeling well and left CDC headquarters soon after, O'Connor said, after calling in sick the previous two work days.

"There has been news coverage that Commander Cunningham recently did not receive a promotion", the CDC said in a statement Monday.

Atlanta Police Maj. Michael O'Connor had previously stated in a news conference last month that Cunningham failed to obtain a promotion to branch manager and met with his supervisor to discuss the issue one week before he went missing.

Although the CDC's prepared statement on Timothy Cunningham's disappearance maintained that issues with a potential promotion were not involved, another Atlanta police officer disputed that on Monday, not long after the statement was released. Now, a reward for information is up to $15,000.

Schuchat explained that Cunningham was actually promoted to commander effective on July 1 "in recognition of his exemplary performance in the US Public Health Service", which is a uniformed corps in the Department of Health and Human Services.

Confirmed: Claire Foy Was Paid Less Than Matt Smith on 'The Crown'
But that doesn't help Foy, who won't be returning to the show because it jumps forward in time in seasons three and four. Oh, dear: Even the Queen of England has difficulty getting paid as much as her male counterpart.

Anyone with information surrounding Timothy Cunningham's disappearance is urged to contact Atlanta police at 404-546-4235. "He told several co-workers that he was and that he was expecting this promotion".

Cunningham is an epidemiologist at the Atlanta-based federal agency. In an Atlanta Business Chronicle 40 Under 40 Awards profile a year ago, Cunningham said he was "using the skills I have to improve and help the lives of others", referring to his work at the CDC.

The unusual circumstances surrounding Cunningham's disappearance have continued to baffle authorities. Tory said, "He told my husband to tell his wife - me - to erase his cellphone number from my cellphone".

After Cunningham failed to report to work or contact his family for two days following his February 12 disappearance, his parents, Terrell and Tia-Juana Cunningham, drove down to Georgia from their house in Maryland to check on their son.