"A little while ago, one of our helicopters was downed", Erdogan said.
Another 11 soldiers were wounded after the offensive's bloodiest day for Turkish military personnel, the army said.
"This is a de-escalation area, but this is some of the worst violence we've seen in what's now going on eight years of conflict", she said.
The Kremlin said Putin and Macron discussed the Syrian peace process in the phone call. Russian Federation is a close ally of Assad and is helping the government bomb rebel-held targets. France is among Assad's harshest critics.
Turkey's state-run Anadolu Agency said F-16 jets resumed bombing Thursday night, striking the northwestern enclave's Mount Bafilun, the villages of Sheik Huruz and Kefer Jenne, and the regions of Sheran, Jinderes and Raju, among other targets. All planes returned safely, the statement added.
President Tayyip Erdogan said on Thursday that Turkey will strip the word "Turkish" from the name of its main medical association after the group publicly opposed the campaign.Читайте также: Turkish Army Chopper 'Shot Down' in Hatay in Turkey's Southeast: Erdogan
At least 100 pro-regime fighters were killed, a USA military official said.
While SANA insisted the pro-government troops were battling Islamic State fighters, it also admitted to launching an assault on the Syrian Democratic Forces, a Kurdish-led group opposed to Syrian President Bashar Assad.
Although Russia, which has control over the Syrian airspace, gave the green light to Ankara, such a prospect would endanger the government-held city of Aleppo as well.
Turkey launched an offensive into the enclave on January 20 against Syrian Kurdish fighters that Ankara considers to be a security threat due to their links to outlawed rebels in Turkey.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which reports on the war using what it describes as a range of sources on all sides, said the air strikes had killed 229 people in the last four days, the Eastern Ghouta's biggest weekly toll since 2015.
A member of Afrin's civil administration, Hevi Mustafa, was quoted by Reuters as saying the Turkish offensive had so far killed 160 people, including 26 children and 17 women.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог