Vuzix Blade™ Named "Best AR on Show at CES 2018" by TechRadar

Adjust Comment Print

According to an announcement made by Google at CES, the company's Google Assistant is now on Android Auto. The retail site will sell Google's products and will also sell the Nest smart thermostat, and Google's Assistant will be the main focus of the site. Google wrapped Las Vegas Monorail trains in "Hey Google" advertising, bought large display ads outside the Las Vegas Convention Center and purchased big video screen ads on the Strip and near the convention center. So far, this vision has been presented primarily through smart speaker hubs created to be placed in the centre of your home.

The idea is for Google to remain competitive with Amazon's Alexa.

Qualcomm is looking forward to seeing what AI-enabled home devices are enabled using Android Things, Sweeney added.

At first glance, the Lenovo Smart Display looks a lot like a tablet with an oversized speaker grille at one end - either the left-hand side or the bottom, depending on which orientation you choose.

European Union invests in 'supercomputers'
There will also be two "mid-range systems", which will be able to handle tens of millions of billions of calculations per second. The European Commission has unveiled plans to spend 1bn euros creating "world class" supercomputers.

In addition, there have been a number of new start-up smart home automation companies embracing Google Assistant or Apple's HomeKit.

"This CES is important to Google because the company wants to take control of its destiny".

The benefit of this is simpler integration, with one device that not only serves as the connection nexus for all Z-Wave wireless communication, but that can also offer full voice control and provide all of Google's assistant services. All the major consumer electronics companies talked up their efforts to add AI to their devices so they are more predictive and helpful for their owners. While those consumer electronics categories are still well represented at the annual technology convention in Las Vegas, they are overshadowed by autonomous vehicle, artificial intelligence, computers, apps, AR, VR, health trackers, drones, and more, to name just a tiny few categories. LG's new ThinQ AI TVs leverage Google Assistant. With a display, Google Assistant will be able to play a YouTube video, search for map directions, call a cab and track it, as well as pull up images through Google Photos.

"We see virtual assistants as inevitable in the workplace", said Joel Jacobs, vice president, CIO and CSO at MITRE Corporation in Bedford, Mass. Amazon's Echo line controlled about 73 percent of that market, while Google Home, which debuted in late 2016, controlled the remaining 27 percent. Smart home devices like Amazon's Echo and Google Home make life easier with their voice-activated functions. In the future, it's plausible people could use Alexa for searches instead.

Comments